BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ralph Walter <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The fundamentally unclean listserv <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Jan 2003 13:06:41 -0500
In a message dated 1/16/2003 8:07:32 AM Eastern Standard Time, [log in to unmask] writes:

> during which your faithful correspondent was invited to
> attend a cross-burning.
>

> Ralph: I missed this... what was that about? ][<en

We went to an ice cream parlor in Hawkinsville (the county seat as I remember, and nearest town big enough to have an ice cream parlor). While sitting there with my mother and siblings and cousins minding our own business and eating our ice cream, I noticed a man (wearing sunglasses) come into the store.  Out of the corner of my eye I saw that he seemed to be handing out some sort of leaflet, and as he passed behind me, I reached my hand out to get one, and found that we had been invited to a cross burning.  It didn't occur to me until recently that despite the invitation, some in our party might not have been so welcome after all.

Apologies to the rest of you who remember this fascinating tale from the first time around.

Ralph