BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Pam Blythe <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - "Is this the list with all the ivy haters?"
Date:
Tue, 11 Jan 2000 10:42:26 -0500
Ralph -

I'm thinking it refers to someone who is a "tuccus cowboy".  With that in
mind, they still could die with their boots on.

- Pam
01/11/2000 07:17:27 AM ----------

Please respond to "BP - \"Is this the list with all the ivy haters?\""

To:   [log in to unmask]
cc:
Subject:  Re: namin' trades

In a message dated 1/11/2000 5:25:14 AM Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<< Roger that reference, Ralph.
 You nailed that one! >>

Johnette,

In your capacity as representative of the Non-Geezer Pinheads, would you
kindly explain to us codgers what "knocking boots" has to do with the
aforementioned activity, or how this activity acquired the above
appellation?
 We thought, in the olden days, that dying with your boots on was a good
thing (I think that's what we thought).  Now, apparently you young
whippersnappers have discovered better things to do with your boots on.
Can
we be young again?

Now I know what to say, without resorting to technical construction
industry
terminology which might confuse some people, in order to avoid offending
the
bluenoses among us. (Go knock boots with yourself, or go knock your own
boots) But what do I say to avoid offending the brownnosers among us?

Ralph