BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ken Follett <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 27 Feb 1999 10:41:32 -0800
SOS Gab & Eti 1.38

On a recent project investigation, a covert preservation operation, Gab
visited a local library in New Haven and viewed a Gideon bible in a
strange script that he could not read. It was housed in a glass box
within a larger marble box in a dim light on a cloudy day of sleet.
Someone had drawn with colored inks little pictures, like in a MAD
magazine, on the margins. He asked the librarian, a young woman of
comely complexion and suspect a vegetarian, if he could take it out and
turn the pages but was politely declined. She may have been concerned
that he not leave thumb prints of 40-30 Quaker State on her rare volume.

The rejection did not particular bother Gab as at the Holiday Inn, where
he was staying, he knew there would be a bible in a dresser drawer he
could read, and fondle, and that that bible would be the same bible as
the bible he had been bibled on as a youth and he would understand the
long litany of name after name after name no more than then, but the
droning words would quickly put him to sleep. Instead, at a nearby
antiques mall Gab purchased an 1826 replica of Playboy and was
enthralled with the diminutive measure of Mercy Lavinia Warren Bump.

Sixteen, fourteen, twenty. Thirty-two inches and twenty-eight pounds.
Ambitions: Tour the world with Jenny Lind. Turn-Ons: Boxing midgets.
Turnoffs: The replacement of old houses with horse corrals. You Can
Never Have Enough: Ferrets and beer. I'm A Sucker For: Charlie Stratton.
A Great Day Always Starts With: A hearty breakfast and a kiss from
someone special.

Etidorpha, anticipating expansion of the outhouse theme park business,
has been taking a course in small business accounting at Bullamanka
Community College (BCC). She has become convinced that she can keep
their books with Oiuja board. I'm not sure how double entry works here,
one entry corporeal countered by one entry ethereal. Eti has surprised
us before with her impracticality and may do so soon again.

Recently she opened a UPS business account and quickly realized that the
route driver, Jedrik Telek, is a pretty good looking hunk, despite that
he has "I Love Lucy" tattooed on his left forearm. Eti says he got the
tattoo while out with his buddies drinking Vodka one evening and that it
was supposed to say," I Love Lechsinska". The guy at the tattoo parlor
claimed it was not his fault he was a poor speller. Unfortunate for
Jedrik that Lechsinska did not accept his excuse and dumped him for a
bakery truck driver named Pedro Bartolo. Jedrik then met Lucy Pauwau, an
Algonquin, and they have been together since and are planning a June
wedding, no recent help from Eti though she did offer to cater the
reception.

Eti has been sending out a lot of 2-day packages of common bricks
addressed to Gab, which, since Gab is usually outside fiddling in the
theme park or running amok at another historic site with Annalee
Wintergreen, she receives the following day. Jedrik may be strong and
always smiling with a full set of teeth, but I cannot make out if he
understands why he is making so many trips that result in a visit to
Eti. To date he has refused her offer of coffee and tarts, which is a
modest sign of intelligence.
--
][<en Follett
SOS Gab & Eti -- http://www.geocities.com/~orgrease