BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Gabriel Orgrease <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The listserv that Ruth calls "Pluto's spider-hole."
Date:
Wed, 18 Oct 2006 07:14:13 -0200
Leland,

Group videos - my impression is that they group videos based on 1) how
many times ppl view them, 2) individuals subscriber bases (as a user you
subscribe to a particular persons product -- one guy says he has 12,000
subscribers), 3) most recently submitted (for general browsing) and 4)
you can get a more prominent 'directors' account. Looks to me though
that they have all this set up in a mathematical manner so that it
regulates itself. Popular content moves to the top of the attention
list. Someone does look at the content and eliminate material... but I
think this even occurs by parallel selection from users who input on a
'this is inappropriate content' button. They say a You Tube COMMUNITY...
that community idea gives some folks a sense of ownership and with it a
sense of need to regulate for inoffensive or illegal content. The vids
on how to roll a blunt are rather explicit but there does not seem to be
any pornography to speak of. Keep in mind also that vids are being
submitted from ALL OVER the globe.

As to the stone guy in my looking to see if I can connect w/ him I find
that there is a 5-day megalith conference - sporting all of the world's
top megalith builders -- up near Lake George next August.

][<en