BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Hammarberg, Eric" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
B-P Golden Oldies: "Authentic Replicants Converge"
Date:
Wed, 5 Jul 2006 07:46:51 -0400
Ah, I was recently remembering that year... I was 16, had finished my school
year in mid June, my first summer romance, sex drugs & rock 'n roll, and by
July 4th, had been grounded for misbehavin'. Records by Peter Frampton
"Frampton Comes Alive" and George Benson's "Breezin" had just been released
and I was spending too much time at a friend's new apartment, pot and beer
and other stuff. The economy was bad, Gerald Ford was a crappie president,
Saturday Night Live and "All the President's Men" was how I viewed the
world. It was my first summer legally working construction and I most recall
digging ditches and erecting scaffolding on a 150-foot church spire we then
dismantled (learned to never put a hammer in my belt, face away from the
building and bend over to pick something up - my crew chief save my life!).
It was framed with 12x12 timbers and each time we yanked on the 6-ft
wrecking bar the whole steeple swayed. Also, played lots of golf and had a
hole in one on July 11 in the West Penn Jr. Championship. Man that was a
summer!
Eric