BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ruth Barton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 9 Jan 1904 22:22:33 -0800
That whole business is too WEIRD for me!!!!!  You shoulda come to Barre
instead.  Ruth

At 9:36 AM -0400 7/22/08, [log in to unmask] wrote:
They found the bones in the North east coroner;
above the Masonic foundation stone.
A large femur wired to what looks like the skeletal remains of an infant
who died in child birth perhaps but one never knows;
Wrapped with the remains is  a hand painted baby doll in tiny floral linen
from the early part of the last century.
The boys were working terra cotta when they found it and whistled me over
for a "look see " Bones in walls are as old as time but human bones buried
in Masonic halls with Dolls are big ju ju.
Since brave men run in my family I was reluctant to come;
last time they whistled me over there was a spider in the wall as big as a
grapefruit; he was so large you could see his eyes rotate at five yards;
Me? ....I believe in the aikido master method of helping your opponent find
the direction in which he is going;  however one must be careful  with
spiders; if you are too aggressive these large brown recluses they will
jump at your face.
Not long ago a mason of mine picked up a heavy stone with a large black
widow underneath; when he and the spider finally met face to face;
he launched that stone breaking the record for the shot put.
The short lesson here is if you are not careful with these spiders
you will be joining the bones in the wall; and that's that

The bones had to come out I tell the lads; but very respectfully and delicately
"try not to touch them" I caution "and wash your hands after moving them."
"Why? " they wanted to know; I tell em "Don't ask; just do as I tell you
or You'll find out when you try to go to sleep tonight "
That was enough; they ain't touching them;
so I do by balancing them into a trowel then a bucket
and we bring them down in the man lift
I am supposed to call the cops when I find   bones; and they  in turn call
the coroner.
The last time the coroner jumped into the hole with me and whispers "Is it old?
I nod yes and he then informs  the cops with fanfare "Its old"
after that  there is a big photo op for the newspaper  and everyone goes home.
Well this is mojo and I can feel it;  my hairs are standing on end
I whisk the bucket away and tell the guys to fugettaboutit .
The lodge built in 1904 out of brick and creme colored terra cotta is 3
stories high and is a rabbit warren of secret passageways and doors to
nowhere
It has been locked and abandoned for 50 years .
All the windows are occluded; there are the original gas light fixtures
inside; as well as the heavy oak gallery and the stations of the chairs;
there is also a hidden trap door for the initiates.
All historic old buildings have character; but some are vessels of trapped
time and have hidden agendas still in process.
Cearly when lights are out this old Masonic lodge is still "active" and
when you enter its great initiation chamber the rites and the rituals are
still  in a state of "unfinished business"  until the order is called back
from  recess .
To speed things up I place the bones in the position of the West; opposite
the worshipful master. There they are laid out in order with the adult
femur at top,
then the infants, then the painted doll ;followed by a crystal pinnacle off
a chandelier that was also found with it..

They have tonight to do their stuff;
I then close all the heavy panel doors including the secret one behind the
worshipful master locking them until we open back up a 5 am;
As  an operative ( an operative is a  master mason who actually  performs
stonework)  I inform the imaginary  Tiler (seargent of arms ) that the
lodge is in special secession to complete its work and is not to be
disturbed .
What happens now is anybody's guess; ;
I lock the main outside doors ; ; tommoro  armed with fresh mortar they
will go back into the wall.... and it will be done ..Ps no photo op
......Py .

Get fantasy football with free live scoring. Sign up for FanHouse Fantasy
Football today.
(http://www.fanhouse.com/fantasyaffair?ncid=aolspr00050000000020) -- To
terminate puerile preservation prattling among pals and the uncoffee-ed, or
to change your settings, go to:
http://listserv.icors.org/archives/bullamanka-pinheads.html

--
Ruth Barton