BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Rudy Christian <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - Dwell time 5 minutes.
Date:
Sun, 28 Feb 1999 16:07:10 EST
In a message dated 2/27/99 11:16:45 PM Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<< We have made some many giant steps in technology but our ability to create
good solid design in the city is dismal. Why?  >>

It would appear that more and more we have built for less and less. Less
money. Less durability. Less righteousness. With such an internalized aspect,
it's a wonder cities even exist. Yet there is some advantage to bulldozers
being harder to hide in the city than black helicopters. Here, in the
agricultural landscape of Ohio, all too often the bulldozers have come and
gone before realize it. All we have left is the rubble, then the survey
stakes, then Wal Mart.

Some see the city as a chaotic remnant. We are seeing it as an insidious
gigantic infant. Replacing what has been without having ever realized what it
was. Much like when this land was "settled". What is left isn't even enough to
create an accurate virtual historical site.

It's as if we can't really think of it as history until it's gone.

Rudy C.