BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Ilene R. Tyler" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Jun 2010 11:48:53 -0400
Even in the Midwest, the general preference for friends and family is to use the back door, although when coming as "company" for dinner, or such, they are then encouraged to use the front door. Otherwise, solicitors never come to the back door, do they, so we're always suspicious when someone knocks at the front door.

In our huge old Greek Revival house it can be confusing because we have so many doors. Although it's clear which is the front door, it's not always clear which is the back door. We usually tell people to use the side door at the glassed-enclosed porch (so let me know if you'll be coming to town, and be sure to use that door, if you do).

Quinn Evans Architects

Ilene R. Tyler

d 734 926 0407

*****