BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Leland Torrence <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - Dwell time 5 minutes.
Date:
Mon, 1 Mar 1999 08:34:51 -0500
Sometimes it pays not only to look in one's own
>backyard, but looking up it a pretty neat view, too.
>
>- Pam, always looking skyward

There is an old Creole saying:  Pigs don't look at the sky, there is nothing
in it for them.

Admission:  On a recent trip to New York ( I don't get there much), ][<en
the Follicitor was naming buildings for me, when I had to interrupt:  "What
is that great building over there?"  He thought I was joking since it indeed
was the Empire State Building.  Despite my visiting the interior of the
building as a kid and doing a brass inlay of its profile on an apartment
floor as a young man, it just didn't click in my head standing on the
street;  An icon so big it was beyond recognition.  Either that or early
Alzheimer's..   The point is the excitement of a fresh look.  One of my
favorite teaching idioms to students of photography used to be:  If you
think someone else can see it, look harder.