BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Becker, Dan" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Dec 2004 16:44:29 -0500

'Em 'ere's word pictures. I'm a visual person. Still waiting to be
shown.

One vinyl cottage with shell siding might be interesting; 10,000 in a
row because that's the only way they'd happen due to required economies
of scale for pattern production might take the edge off the novelty.

I like the rest. Surely we're already doing that with cast stone. I know
it can be (is already being?) done with GFRC. The colorful apartment
house surfaces would be rendered in terra cotta? Ala Kress?
Gladding-McBean would be glad for your color aesthetic take off. Gehry's
already doing metal buildings. They swoop rather than zig-zag, though.

The problem is we lack sufficiently motivated clients that desire to pay
for/explore these treatments.

> sign me,  Did I Ever Tell You That Ken Frampton Admitted Me
> To The Architectural Association But I Broke Up With
> L.............  S..... After Our Summer Working For The
> Architect In Nigeria And So Didn't Go?

Ever any regrets about either outcome?

Dan Becker,  Exec. Dir.          "Conformists die, but
Raleigh Historic             heretics live on forever"
Districts Commission                 -- Elbert Hubbard
[log in to unmask] ---->    Proud member of Team Heretic
919/807-8480