BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ruth Barton <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kitty tortillas! <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Oct 2003 20:36:22 -0700
Well, if it was in the NYC book I have from the 1860s I'd gladly scan and
send the pic so you could compare.  But I don't find it there so wait by
your mailbox.  LOL  Ruth

At 11:05 PM -0400 10/22/03, [log in to unmask] wrote:
In a message dated 10/22/2003 10:48:04 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

The McKim, Mead & White limestone was cleaned "paint" this summer.  The
final "product" is streaky, smudgy, stained, blotchy - makes Ralph's NYAC
look like a baby's bottom. Why, thank you!  I have difficulty believing
this is as good as it can get - especially on a fine building like this one
(right next to Mayor Bloomberg's house). I'm afraid that it doesn't always
come out as well as one would hope, given variables in substrate,
soil/paint, prior treatments, skill of mechanics, ability to use most
effective treatments in heavily traveled urban areas, and Owner's
willingness to pay until such time as the cleaning is acceptable to the
Cityscapes column of the Sunday New York Times.

Has anyone else noticed this project? Ruth was just down and will send you
a field report.  Philip's will be in the mail from Ohio in a day or two; go
down and wait by your mailbox.

Ralph

--
Ruth Barton