BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Gabriel Orgrease <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The listserv that Ruth calls "Pluto's spider-hole."
Date:
Thu, 19 Oct 2006 10:16:06 -0200
Leland,

I have also learned, somewhat the hard way, that the key element of a
busness, or any organization volunteer or otherwise, is the will to
persist. This will is reinforced by the vision which is enabled through
the story that leadership provides  -- often enough to voice the story
that is already held but not well spoken by the group. Persistence can
be accompanied by ignorance, but courage is certainly required to
persist against overwhelming odds when one is less than ignorant. And by
story I do not mean on the level of political BS, but on the level of
our collective dreams realized through our revealed mythology. What
binds us as humans is our sharing of a story... and in this sense the
infosphere is a concrete enough place of our realization. What is there
here but story? It is easy though to have a vision, much harder to
maintain against the erosion of a common will to persist. I find so
often that when a story is not provided that the inclination is for one
to be made up in the negative to fill the emptiness. I also find it
personally intriguing how one can be quite proficient at doing something
but very lousy at communicating what it is that they are doing. Thus I
have an inclination to identify Mastery of a Craft with an ability on
some level, be it as private as mentor to apprentice, to fashion a story
to express the craft... to communicate from one to another.

][<en