BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Met History <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - "Infarct a Laptop Daily"
Date:
Fri, 17 Mar 2000 16:59:07 EST
Sherwin & Esther Williams write:

<< Concurrent with all this we became aware of LEAD. >>

So, paint-guys, tell me about lead.  Who/what said/commanded that you
couldn't have all-wonderful lead in your paint any more?  And what is to
prevent me from asking Heidi to save all the foil from her Chardonnay bottles
and melting it down and putting it in my own, private-label paint for my own
house* in the Vineyard, where it will last more than one rental season before
it flakes off?

Rollered by, Christopher Gray

*Disclosure:  actually my wife's house; but I am allowed to pay for painting,
shingling and windows, and also permitted to get the boat into the water
about 36 hours before we leave the island for the year, so I can take
everyone on a "ride" - Ralph, you should try taking a 900 pound boat with 800
pounds of payload on a ride across a 1 mile wide lake against a 3 knot nw
wind [ = square on your beam outbound and inbound], using (as a motive power)
the propellor of your 25 HP Johnson operated ONLY REPEAT ONLY by continuous
pulling of the starter cord.  Gets you in shape for the delete key on the BP
list.