BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Gabriel Orgrease <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Dec 2009 07:49:18 -0500
Dan,
> Book bag?? We used to worry about what REI deep woods mountaineering backback with hip harness to buy our then third grader as the books got heavier and what they might do to give her sloped shoulders and induced scoliosis.
>
> Sounds like our fears were well placed.

I try to avoid being there when there are kids present... talk about
distractions worse than i-pods! I'm curious what the general attitude is
toward having swarms of kids running around while you are trying to be
in event time?

My impression is that these 'book bags' have handles and wheels akin to
suitcases and that it is the banging of the wheels and frames on the
stone that chips them. The steps going down to the burial chambers. So
there is this conflict of interest between kids running up the steps
banging their hardware behind them and families going down to visit
their deceased relatives. Nobody has mentioned ADA access.

As to parents... it would not surprise me if when they look at a school
they also worry if they can afford an adult accessory to carry around
the book bags. That sounds cynical but is meant to be a practical
consideration.

][<