BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
John Callan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Jan 2004 06:14:50 -0600
Our local newscasters have lately been sneaking odd references to your
weather into their little presentations.  I especially liked one
reference to Boston hitting an all time record at a few degrees below
zero.  Something along the lines of admission that the temperature was
cold by any standard, but especially for Boston.  I like it because my
in-laws in Boston are convinced that whatever happens to them is what
REALLY counts.

It’s not often that I hope someone's nightie is flannel, but I surely
hope you keep warm and don't expose anything important to that -45.
Exposed skin will freeze in less than a minute at that temperature.
Hands and face skin is a little more durable, but don't take chances.

I pretty much agree with you regarding baseball and most other sports.
Hell, I don't want to watch any sport, I want to play!  I do like live
theatre very much.  We have a lot of theatres here in the Twin Cities.
I like the little ones better than the big ones, but my favorite is the
Guthrie.  But, the Guthrie is going to move and the theatre will be
demolished.  Its a shame.  And the Preservationist's argument for
protecting it is pure 100% BS.  So thoroughly so, that it is nakedly
untrue and doomed to fail.  But, the folks putting forth the effort
will FEEL good and take credit for fighting the good fight.  (doggone
amateurs).

Stay warm.

-jc