BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Royal Order of Lacunae Pluggers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Feb 2001 11:58:57 -0800
If this isn't too much like advertising...actually an educational opportunity:

The AIA national Historic Resources Committee is planning a
conference in Rome on Classicism and Conservation April 22-27.  There
are still some room left, and you don't need to be AIA or even and
architect to attend.  Center of activities is the Palazzo Pio in the
Campo de'Firoi.  Highlights include lectures on comparisons of
conservation technique, theory, policy and practice between Italy and
the US, walking tours, conservation labs at the Vatican, Villa
d'Este, Hadrian's Villa, Villa Aurelia, etc. etc. etc.  Registration
fee is $975.  Those interested should contact Kathleen Lane at (202)
626-7468, or email to: [log in to unmask]

My wife and I are going, and the program leaves good room for
personal agendas.  Besides the buildings there will be opportunity to
exchange views with some special people like Carroll Westerfall (U.
of Notre Dame, South Bend IN), Samir Younes (U. of Notre Dame, Rome),
Astra Zarina (U. of Wash.), architect Sandro Benedetti, Gustavo Araoz
(ICOMOS), architect Roberto Einaudi and others.

Ciao!
Jim Rhodes