BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ken Follett <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - Dwell time 5 minutes.
Date:
Fri, 30 Apr 1999 15:31:26 EDT
In a message dated 4/30/99 11:09:09 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> had to ask the masons to do "sloppy" work

My first project in business for myself as a stonemason, too many beers ago
to remember clearly, I worked for a Doctor who thought he was a designer. For
two weeks he had me build the same rubble wall each day out of chunks of
Georgia marble and then tear the wall down at the end of the day. He kept
saying that I was not rustic enough in my approach. Eventually either I got
worse or he lost patience. I then built a fireplace, a floor, a water
fountain (complete with wooden overshot wheel and underwater lights), and two
driveway gates. The fireplace, which worked real fine when completed,
included a back-lit Alpha/Omega stained glass medallion and TV cable feed. My
then assistant, and friend, built the barbecue. I worked for the Doctor for
six months then finally lost my mind and ran away. If I had been experienced
I would have charged a lot more per hour for my inexperience than I did.

][<en