BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
John Callan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Dec 2004 07:38:19 -0600
Dear Christopher,

Please don't be chaste.  At least, please don't associate me with your
chastening or chasteness.  (Assuming you unclean acts are confined to
the signatories to your contract.)

I am not opposed to paying attention or listening.  Its part of being a
good preservationeer to understand the culture and its influences on
building.  But, there was something in the tone, a self-righteousness,
that suggested that I needed to listen, and my views needed to be
altered, and that I really had nothing to offer the folks who hold the
majority view.  I found that offensive.

However, there is a view that seems to hold influence in high places
that if one holds a majority by 1%, that is sufficient to do whatever
the hell you want, whenever you want to whomever you want...or at least
sufficient to change the terms of the contract.

Me, I'm just an old hippie.  Don't give a damn about majority views,
let alone the views of people in authority.

-jc