BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ruth Barton <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
"Let us not speak foul in folly!" - ][<en Phollit
Date:
Fri, 14 Mar 2003 19:54:09 -0800
Hi Dan,  A bit of background first.  My husband and I both grew up in, and
have always lived in and around, Putney, VT.  In late '50s/early 60s Mr.
Stone designed a new campus for a small LA college in Putney.  It is
located in what used to be a gravel bank next door to a house I lived in
for a time when I was a kid,  in fact the college bought some land from my
Dad.  I used to play in that gravel bank.  Anyway, when this thing was
built there was much comment on it as it didn't at all fit the traditional
small town New England countryside at all.  Windham College went defunct in
1979 and the campus sat dormant for some years till Landmark School out of
Beverly Crossing, MA bought it and started Landmark College--the only post
secondary school in the country specifically for dyslexics.  Landmark
removed all the white paint from the brick buildings so  it doesn't look
quite so much like a herd of white elephants marching through town.

I had to go to the site and see what the NC Legis. Bldg looked like.  When
I saw it I called to hubby and asked him where it was and he immediately
said Windham College.  Now understand, he worked in maintenance at that
college for a number of years so he was well aquainted with the appearance
of the buildings.  I do think they we cut from the same mold, drawing
board, whatever.  I don't know why Mr. Stone designed this campus, maybe he
had kids who went there.  Ruth

That's all the EDS history I know

Who know where this 2 whatever circle is?  NY, midwest, Where?

--
Ruth Barton
Westminster, VT