BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
John Leeke <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - "Shinola Heretics United"
Date:
Fri, 10 Dec 1999 10:58:51 -0500
>From:    Ken Follett <[log in to unmask]>
>Please comment on this article by Paul Eldenkamp. Consideration is being
made
>of approaching him as a potential speaker for IPTW 2000, at the well
>considered suggestion of our fellow BP'r Bill Rose.

I'm please to see further consideration of business topics at IPTW. As you
know, I spoke on a business topic for IPTW last year. It seemed like an
uphill struggle to get the topic on the agenda.  Leland and I went to quite
a bit of effort and expense to bring this topic to the workshop and only
about half-a-dozen people came to participate. Now, don't get me wrong, I
was please to help them out and felt my efforts were worthwhile. It was
worthwhile because, after nearly 30 years in construction, I'm coming to the
conclusion that the ability to do good business is at least as (and probably
more) important than the ability to do good at a craft or trade. Even a
tradesperson who works for a larger company must know about business. I did
consider the number that showed up as an indication that business thinking
was not what most folks came to IPTW to hear about. I did not get involved
in this year's IPTW. Were there any business topics? What was their
attendance?

I read Eldencamp's article ( and a few others recently in JLC) and think his
ideas must be brought to this forum. If IPTW cannot afford to bring him in,
then at least get permission to distribute copies of his articles.

John Leeke
by hammer and hand great works do stand
by profit and zeal the plan becomes real