BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Heidi Harendza <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - "The Cracked Monitor"
Date:
Fri, 17 Sep 1999 10:38:43 EDT
In a message dated 9/17/99 9:44:21 AM Eastern Daylight Time, [log in to unmask]
writes:

> And think of all the happy city workers with an extra holiday, who vote.
>  Heck, how many businesses let their folks go home early?

Being a government employee really is the good life-- that was some holiday!
Yep it sure is relaxing to spend an afternoon in the firehouse registering
the homeless and those who've lost their cars and property in the flooding.
And I bet all those smart people who were commuting from work yesterday on
I95 really got a lot of work done while stranded on the interstate-- just
hope their laptops were waterproof.

Although I can't believe they closed the school-- I mean those kids had a
good two or three hours of time for learning-- who cares if the
kindergarteners are shivering in their damp sneakers for the day? And the
kids that walk to school get to play in all the streaming water in the
streets (just look out for open drains, fecal matter, and submerged
branches...)!  And I'm sure, in case we needed the buses to evacuate the
elderly from flooded apartment complexes, that the kids could have swum
home-- that'll replace gym for the day.

I'm saving up for a submarine so that I can really get the full effect the
next time it rains.

Sign me,
Muddy Waters