BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Etidorpha Orgrease <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - His DNA is this long.
Date:
Wed, 3 Jun 1998 17:52:09 EDT
In a message dated 98-05-12 02:44:17 EDT, [log in to unmask] writes:

<< And, right on the front page, above and across the fold, they ran a huge
 photo of my unidentified back, emblazoned with PEACE TEAM, while a masked
 fellow in spiked hair is about to punch me.  You can see this picture at
 http://aa.mlive.com/kkk/photo03.html . . .

 The next day (Monday), the News finally ran my candidacy announcement -- a
 brief note buried in the lower half of page 4 in section C, with a
 postage-stamp size head shot from the portrait we had given them. >>

Picking up on this old item - your account of the rally was outstanding! - I'd
say you really can't expect news coverage in proportion to your personal risk
on the community's behalf, or maybe in proportion to reality at all.  I wrote
some press releases on behalf of local charities, though, and discovered that
if they were written like news copy, the smaller papers printed them verbatim,
probably so the staffs could put their papers "to bed" and go to lunch early.

Kathy Follett