BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ruth Barton <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
B-P Golden Oldies: "The listserv troubled by a bad conscience and a good memory."" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Aug 2006 20:15:59 -0700
Very interesting.  I have just one question.  May I reveal my ignorance of
things city in general, and NO in particular, and ask, What is a MODGUN??
I don't think we have any of those out here in the sticks, but if we do I'm
sure Ralph will find them when he comes in about ten days.  Ruth

At 11:50 PM -0400 8/8/06, [log in to unmask] wrote:

Some folks were moving a triple stack of scaffolding around the corner of a
house onto the sidewalk.  They needed a forth hand so I hoped off my
scooter and jumped in.  Turns out the contractor was Robert Tannen who has
designed and built the MODGUN.   His criticism of the Katrina cottage I
have to agree is warranted as none of the designs included in the book
actually have a blue print for the "grow house".   It is talked about but
not actually designed.  If I am going to place a Katrina cottage on a lot
as part of a bigger house, it would help, since I have never done this
before to have a plan for the whole house so I know how to orient the first
piece of this "grow house".  I look forward to seeing these designs in
future books so I can not only tell Robert about the grow house and that it
is in the book but show him the actual blue prints.  His designs are worth
looking at:
<http://www.ogdenmuseum.org/about/building_solutions.html>http://www.ogdenmuseum.org/about/building_solutions.html
--
Ruth Barton