BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Cuyler Page <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
It's a heck of a world when an all-American boy can't carry a pocketknife! <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 2 Nov 2002 14:55:57 -0800
>but STEALTH CANADIANS!, don't cha know.

Ah, those sneaky Canadians apparently have a growing reputation.

If you want to be a Canadian this week, you have to watch what colour you
are and behave appropriately, since it was announced that the US border
crossing guards are now fingerprinting and photographing anyone of the wrong
ancestry who wants to cross the border, even if you have Canadian
Citizenship and Passport.   Very big news here since the Canadian Government
issued a formal Travel Advisory Warning for anyone wishing to travel to the
US.   Are you on the other side of the line aware of this issue?   Lots of
popular level talk here about retaliation toward the US.   Many on the talk
shows are wondering how US'ers would feel if they had to submit to that
treatment if they wanted to come to Canada for a fishing trip or a little
cheap shopping or to see the pretty side of Niagara Falls.

Weird times!   The Global Village is becoming too much like real small town
life.   Seems like we didn't know how good we had it during the Cold War era
when the Powers were balanced.

cp in bc
(where it is not yet a crime to have been born in Ithaca)
(but where I wonder what they will do to former members of the NRA)