BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
deb bledsoe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Jan 2010 20:50:39 -0500
So, all of us probationers get together here and talk about all sorts of
things. The weirdest coincidences happen. I'm living in KY. I just found
out that the Joe Jenkins who consults on composting toilets for folks
connected in various ways to ASPI (www.a-spi.org) is the same Joe
Jenkins, slater,  I know and love from IPTW. I mean, he came and stayed
with a member of my board and consulted on a composting system for a
festival site in Rockcastle Co KY last year. Joe, next time you're in
town, stop by. We have a first edition Humanure in our library.

Also, Neil Rippingale called a friend of mine, also a board member, one
evening when I was visiting her Laurel Co home. I said, "that's funny, I
know a Neil Rippingale" and guess what, it was THE scottish (I think)
stonemason from IPTW, calling my friend to say hi.

Then there is this guy named Pat-rick. That one is not so hard to
feature, since he works for the SHPO in KY, but to hear the mayor of Mt
Vernon's assistant talk about him at a meeting about sidewalks was a
little surreal. (Mt Vernon, KY: pop 1567)

Oh, and Camille Bowman. I joined a watershed organization through the
Office of Surface Mining, and guess who the first VISTA volunteer I met
was? Well it wasn't Camille, but her daughter Tori. So many
convergences, so many unseen connections. And now Larry2, a caver
friend, is here. It just keeps getting weirder. But that's cool.

And I'll tell you how the guy at the end of my country road here was
known to me., by reputation, before I ever ended up here in KY. From the
roof of one of our jobs, I watched his guys build a rooftop garden on
the upper east side, back in 2002. He is a famous rooftop garden
designer, but I didn't know he was from KY and that he comes home every
three weeks or so to see his mamma. I had to read about it in KY Living
Magazine. His brother is the Rockcastle Co Judge Exec. It is a small world.

~deb