BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
David west <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - "The Cracked Monitor"
Date:
Thu, 26 Aug 1999 21:32:36 +0100
>>> Ken Follett <[log in to unmask]> 27/08/99 2:35:15 >>>
"I get the impression cascading concrete slabs have
a heavy impact on the loo.

Interesting note that the news reports say that Turkey's architects are
blaming Turkey's contractors for shoddy construction. What about the concrete suppliers?"

][<en

To be boring, I suspect the problem with cascading concrete would have more to do with missing reinforcement, especially in columns and at junctions between columns and slabs, as well as poor placement of the concrete.  Might also be some problems with masonry infill being too rigid, and preventing the flexibility which is apparently important in resisting seismic loads.

So don't hang the concrete suppliers just yet.

david