BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ruth Barton <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - "Is this the list with all the ivy haters?"
Date:
Mon, 20 Dec 1999 22:30:21 -0500
At 10:21 AM 12/20/1999, Gray, Tom wrote:
>Sorry Ruth,  I was out of the office last week on my hands and knees trying
>to get a tenant into her rehabbed unit.  Rockhard is a "water putty" made by
>Durham.  Comes in a dry powder you mix with water for filling voids in
>wooden surfaces.  It has been around for YEARS (for sure since I was a kid).
>

>Arkie Cuz

Thanks,  Thought it sounded familiar.  I have used that stuff on occasion,
worked fine for what I was using it for but I've seen it used in places
where it was not intended to be used and it didn't work out so hot.  I
didn't use it on wood though, I think it was for an interior cinder block
wall.  Really, we do have them at the school where I work.

Next question.  I do some work on gravestone repair, mostly marble.  Most
of the stones are just broken and the quarries here in VT have a glue that
works just fine to glue them back together, no problem.  The problem ones
are the ones that have pieces missing, usually just where a crack developed
and wasn't repaired so it just eroded away over time.  What I need is to
find something that can be used to replace mass, that is the missing stone.
Can someone advise me on this?  Have I made this as clear as mud by now?
Thanks, Ruth

Ruth (HOUGHTON) BARTON
Westminster,Vermont, USA