BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ruth Barton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Sep 2010 14:40:08 -0400
Ken,  Here is is husband who is in tizzy.  We haven't had a REAL hurricane
since, I think, 1927.

Up here the keorsene lanterns don't use batteries.

Chickens in tub--BAD IDEA, put 'em down cellar.  Ruth

At 7:57 PM -0400 9/1/10, Gabriel Orgrease wrote:

c,

Glad to see my wife is not the only one in a tizzy...

Suggest maybe get someone who can manage it and use a heavy rope to
tie/support the branch.

After having visited New Orleans & Bay St. Louis right after Katrina when
we hear about a hurricane tracking up the coast, us being sitting targets,
I get a bit antsy. We are midpoint on the south shore of Long Island, w/in
1/4 mile of the Atlantic, 2' above sea level and surrounded by tall oak
trees.

I will be listening for the surf at the end of our street.

So, today, David and I tied off the tall pine that since the last 15
minutes of wind storm has threatened to fall on the house, got the
generator set up, got 55 gallons of clean water, got the sump pumps all
set, boarded up all the upper floor and back kitchen windows, have plywood
ready for all the other windows, have the battery radio set up, have the
kerosene lanterns set (need to go replenish some batteries), cleared up
debris in the 'working' area of the side yard, have located my passport,
and have a plan set to put the chickens in the tub. A few more chores and I
can get back to work. Oh, yeah, gas up the vehicles and get new lantern
batteries.

][<

--
Ruth Barton