BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Bruce Marcham <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - "The Cracked Monitor"
Date:
Fri, 17 Sep 1999 11:48:52 -0400
In my experience, with a little patience the local power company should come
around and take care of the situation.  Let them know you have a limb on a
live wire across your driveway and they should get to it pretty quick, I
would think.

I'm normally a very ambitious chainsawyer.  I whittled down an 8" diameter,
40 foot long limb deposited on my roof (the butt end stuck in the tree about
30 feet above the ground so, thankfully, only the tips of the branches
touched my roof--damage was limited to a couple of 2" diameter holes) by
Hugo until it was evident that any little more would send it crashing down
on my power feed, which stretches across a busy road--I let the power
company do the deed (which promptly ripped down the service drop but they
put it back up).  A wet tree leaning or lying on a power wire is one I'd
stay away from.

Cutting up the mess after the power company finishes is another story...

Signed, Cold wet feet.