BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ruth Barton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 31 Dec 2004 11:11:57 -0800
My favorite National Geographic story involves my FIL, a very Victorian
sort of fellow, who, I'm quite sure NEVER, EVER saw his wife, or any other
female nude.  I'm not even sure he knew how he got the 4 kids they had.

We were having some sort of family gathering at our house to which Dad
Barton arrived early and in quite a fluster.  He asked immediately upon
arrival if we subscribed to National Geographic.  When I assured him that
we did he told me that I must hide it right away as his grandchildren were
expected to be arriving soon.  When I inquired as to why I must banish the
latest edition he told me to look at such and such pages.  When telling me
this he blushed a very bright red so, of course I hastened to find what it
was he was so twitter-pated about.  I had to look for quite a while to see
what all the fuss was about but there was a picture of some creatures,
can't remember what they were, copulating.  But it was so obscure you had
to read the caption to know what they were doing.

That's why we prefered the Medical book, there were pics right there,
unadorned and plain, with descriptions in plain English with no guesswork.
Ruth

--
Ruth Barton
Dummerston, VT