BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ken Follett <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - Dwell time 5 minutes.
Date:
Fri, 30 Oct 1998 08:55:34 EST
... your permiffion to fend a copy of your recent NY Times article, 10/25/98,
on Douglas Leigh, the designer of the Bond clothing store sign with central
waterfall and the Camel sign whose smoker blew five-foot-wide smoke rings to
my father-in-law in Florida. He used to work in the Chrysler Building for
Texaco and will enjoy reading this article. I am considering scanning the
article to make LARGE TYPE for him to more easily read. Is this ok? If not,
please advise as we have not been able to purchase a second copy of this
edition of the  Sunday Times. I suppose we can ask him to visit the NY Times
website and electronically transfer money to him in order to cover the cost of
the download ($10 ??), but using the US Postal Service is a quaint method of
communication and fitting to the historic nature of your article. We promise
not to use Xerox, Kleenex, or Coco Cola during this transaction of
intellectual property.

Refpectfully yourf,
][<en Follett