BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"T. Gale" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 24 Jan 2006 10:20:58 -0500
I hope I don't seem like a pissy techno-nerd but I think that
bookmarking is the act of saving web addresses to your browser's list of
favorites.  For the email list you want to save the address to your
address book or contact list in your preferred email program.  In one
way that really isn't necessary because the first email you get from the
new listserv should have that new "reply to" address in the heading so
in any reply to new messages the correct address should automatically be
filled in (you will need to use the new address if you start a message
from scratch, however) [deep breath in].  Adding the address is a good
idea, though, as it can help with the other problem Dan referred to,
spam scrubbing.  Your own computer may be set up to remove messages it
believes to be spam.  Messages from parties not in your address book are
much more likely to be removed than messages from names in your address
book so adding the address should help put it in the list of
"friendlies".   Your service provider may offer a web based email
service as part of your package (ATT does for me) and including the new
email address in the web based system may also be beneficial with
regards to overzealous spam removal.  Usually right clicking on the
address in the message header will give you the option of saving it to
your address book.  I probably will get a bounced message warning
because of it but I put the new address in the header of this message to
help with saving.

A huge thanks and three cheers to the B-P Overseers for allowing the
party to carry on.  How much are dues now and who do I send the check to?

PTN (for pissy techno-nerd not preservation trades ... ) Tom