BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Trelstad, Derek" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - Dwell time 5 minutes.
Date:
Tue, 13 Apr 1999 09:54:02 -0400
A 35mm camera -- whether a nice SLR or a cheap "disposable" -- when used in
conjunction with a negative / slide transparency scanner and a CD-burner
gives you the best of both worlds. We've been using a variety of cameras and
Kodak's Photo CD format. More than 100 images fit on each CD; cost is
$70-$100 depending on number of images; and turn-around time is about a
week. Film can be sent directly for developing and production of CD or
developed separately and negs sent for CD. Requires some planning; flatbed
scanner and 1-hour developing work in a pinch.

Fewer gadgets equates to less fun -- but also means there is less to worry
about breaking.

Derek Trelstad
LZA Technology
New York, NY