BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ruth Barton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Jan 2004 10:58:50 -0800
So, Ken, where were you yesterday when we could have really used your
famous, "I have a brick" speech!!!!  Scot is a really good clerk of the
work, not much of a speaker though.

Are you saying that we are going to have trouble getting instructors for
our program if we don't align with a union?  I never thought much about
unions here--sure we have them but usually only in manufacturing or the
phone co or such.  Most of our plumbers, electricians, masons, etc are
small outfits--one or two guys working for themselves.  Sometimes a bigger
outfit with 5 or 6.

Does one go to school and learn the trade then join the union or join the
union then go to school?  The program we are contemplating is a high school
program, not post high school.

My experience with masonry consists of building a cement block cellar wall
and building Vermont dry stone walls.  Don't know if stone walls are
considered masonry or not.  Do the stone have to be stuck together with
something to be masonry?

Thanks for all the info you sent it was really helpful.  Ruth
--
Ruth Barton
Dummerston, VT