BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Donald B. White" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - "It's a bit disgusting, but a great experience...." -- Squirrel" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Sep 2000 23:18:40 -0400
All,

I just found out the hard way that Internet Explorer 5.5 does not get along
with Windows 95, despite that the Microsoft site says it does. I downloaded
it on Tuesday morning, it worked OK at first, then I shut off the computer
and when I started it later, Windows wouldn't load and the damage was quite
extensive. Three days later (and many hours on the phone with Microsoft
tech support) it sort of works, but still not right. Talking with four
computer professionals of my acquaintance, I am told this is a well-known
issue which Microsoft typically refuses to admit exists--all their products
are perfect, it must be the hardware that is at fault.

Next computer I get will quite likely be a Mac--running whatever other
browser has managed to survive IE's onslaught.

Sign me,
Not a friend of Bill G.

PS. Have there really been no BP Digests since September 2?