BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Fri, 5 Dec 1997 17:03:01 -0600
Hey BPers -- and I ain't talking British Petroleum yet!

I actually spent my Thanksgiving communing with Phil in Punxsutawney, PA.
Although they keep him behind glass in the children's section of the local
library, he has a nice little fountain that pretends to be a stream in his
painted habitat.

Phil and I are such close buddies that I always slip him a bit of Smokey
Mountain Dew when I am in the northern Appalacians.  He always appreciates
that and rewards me with some quality stories about the town and its
buildings.  I took Phil to the Punxsutawney kick off the holidays parade.
Between floats Phil told me all the local historic gossip and gave me the
low down on the old buildings.  Boy, the wild and wooly stuff that used to
go on in that little town!

It is good to have a groundhog for a friend, especially when he has such
historic preservationistic tendencies.

I've not left for London yet, but reality is dawning brightly and I have
lots to do to prepare.  I may have wear my sunglasses  it is so bright.

Any suggestions for really cool buildings I should check out?

Big Ben, Parliament.

Stetson