BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Michael Davidson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - "Infarct a Laptop Daily"
Date:
Sun, 13 Feb 2000 19:11:58 EST
Leyland Torrence turned the corner on High street  at Yale and proceeded
towards me where I had been loitering admiring the pluck of some raven haired
 coeds tossing snow balls at boys .Leyland and I  had not seen each other
since the  14thcent Bavarian Rathskeller in Augsburg last April  and there it
was  a dim memory amid drinking and over eating encouraged by buxom frauliens
in  leather and lace leading us in games of a questionable nature.
Ahh but the weather is the same there it was fog and ice here it is fog and
ice.We greet each other warmly with the pin head salute( similar to racoon
/pole cat tail up down wind) hurrah and head for the cozy confines of
Richters where Leyland is well kmown to the barman and sundry customers  who
slap his back as if he were to buy the next round only this time  he is
buying me lunch while pumping me for stories on the 60's over a few glen
Morangies or was it Laphrodaig. Dosen't matter I was here at Yale in the 60,s
as a young student from the New School in N.Y< C in Greenwich village.I was
studying photography at the time and had come to Yale with the SDS to protest
the incarcination of the Black Panther Bobby Seal.hoping to get a few
pictures ..but it was the 60's( Leyland freshens the memory again)and I am
able to continue that two amazing things have happened just before comoing to
New Haven I stumpled across the negatives in my attic and archives is very
interested in them  and two while working on the deans quarters in old
Saybrook I found a hidden utility door where fresh as it was 30 yrs before is
"Free Bobby" spray painted.Leyland insists the door must be saved from the
advancing painters...so that is the goal this week   preservation 911   best
Michael
Oh if you are into Northeast decandence on the seedy side of things New Haven
is your place ....ethnic eaterys and old bars with wood pannels with icons to
sports of Yale  yore.
panhandlers and bookshops galore and hotels with the blinking lights; and
husky throated hostesses... where every night is halloween.....contact
Leyland  "he da man"