BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Hammarberg, Eric" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Afghanistan of the preservation movement.
Date:
Mon, 3 Dec 2001 09:17:33 -0500
Hey Mary,

I have done some sheet metal tile roofs using W. F. Norman as a source. I do
not recall if they have details or not but if you compile info from SMACNA
1929, original Graphic Stds and sound sheet metal and tile practice, you
should be able to tackle it.

As far as the asbestos goes, I assume this is not the original 1911 roofing
and is probably less important historical material, unless you have info on
when they were installed, by whom, and who used the church since..... ACM
Roofs I have worked on in NYC require full containment ACM abatement
procedures.

Good luck!!!

Eric Hammarberg
Associate Director of Preservation