BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ken Follett <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - "The Cracked Monitor"
Date:
Thu, 16 Sep 1999 09:46:25 EDT
In a message dated 9/15/99 6:27:55 PM Eastern Daylight Time, [log in to unmask]
writes:

> Your ever-faithful correspondent is filing this HSP (Hurricane Storm
>  Report) from the edge of mayhem.

Thanks COD, much appreciated.

As to the F-storm. Our house is one community West of Moriches on LI, and
they say the F-storm will pass between Moriches & Montauk. I think someone at
NOAA has a sick sense of humor in picking hurricane names as we live between
William Floyd Parkway and the Floyd Mansion in the William Floyd School
District. We are close enough to the water, behind Fire Island, to worry
about tidal flooding. I'm in the Brooklyn office now to pick up a generator
and head back East. We need be prepared to keep the sump pump running. I
expect more high-class houses on Dune Road in the Hamptons will fall into the
Atlantic.

I enjoy driving in foul weather and expect a 4-5 hour trip East, with a lot
of radio buzz and interludes of Bach, is in the near future. As to chain
saws...

][<en