BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ruth Barton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Jan 2005 09:08:36 -0800
Glad I stayed to home and watched my nice white snow while knitting and
reading e-mail.  Yes, I can do all of those simultaneously.  Ruth

At 11:47 PM -0500 1/8/05, Met History wrote:
Went to a modern dance performance tonight at the Japan Society near the U.
N. (nice Rockefeller-calm modern/Asian building, with interior water and
freestanding interior stair around courtyard).  Went with Mrs. Graybird.

First piece was five women in bright red dresses grabbing crotches with
both hands, jumping up and down, wildly.  Sort of "Sonata for Two Handed
Masturbation".  Didn't realize women could do that, but then I never
thought to ask.  Funny the things that get away from you until you're too
old to care.   Gab & Eti were sitting in the front row, just a few feet
from the Japanese crotches,  but they didn't recognize me.

Second piece was guy partly wrapped in rags, moving around to scratchy-loud
music which sounded like giant screwdriver mixing cement in an iron pan.
Come to think of it, he was sort of moving like a giant screwdriver mixing
cement.  Had shaved head plus blond ponytail, sort of a logical
impossibility, but there you go.

Can't remember the third and fourth pieces - was one of those where the
women were all made up with white pancake, but then slapped each other and
made clouds of dust? - but fifth piece was women sitting, humming along
with bubble gum music background, watching their yellow-socked feet tap up
and down.  There was another one where they appeared to have bedbugs.  Or
vice versa.

I forget where fit in the part about the woman wearing knickers stuck both
her hands down her knickers and looked very, very, very  happy, then pulled
out a pair of shoes from self-same knickers (shoes were patent leather
flats - that might have been significant).  Might have been part of
something else, or might have been A Separate Peace.

At any rate, it was a high-concept evening. All the costumes were bright
colors, which was nice.  Except for the guy's rags, those were white.  Just
like Ruth's snow.

Great dinner afterwards - I am a cod slut.

christopher

--
Ruth Barton
Dummerston, VT