BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Helen Edwards <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - "Infarct a Laptop Daily"
Date:
Thu, 30 Mar 2000 20:14:50 -0800
Heritage Society of British Columbia Annual Conference
May 11-13, 2000

Victoria's beauty and charm make our provincial Capital one of the most livable
cities in the world and a major tourist attraction. A big part of
Victoria's quality of life and economy is based on its wonderful
heritage buildings, sites, and districts. Victorians have built
strong, successful heritage programs and informal networks to
conserve their heritage. How do they do it? How does it work?

Hosted by the Victoria Civic Heritage Trust (VCHT) on behalf of the
City of Victoria, the conference will take you behind the scenes with
wit and candor to learn "Victoria's
Secrets". Our "Classroom" will be the City itself, as we hit the
bricks (by foot, bus, and boat) for a dozen "mobile workshops,"
covering subjects from heritage districts to dormers to daffodils.
Find out how the City's new Tax Incentive Program is battling the
earthquake upgrading barrier to heritage building re-use. Visit Mrs.
Dunsmuir's neighbourhood. Meet some of the feisty women of James Bay
who like to conserve heritage while making a living from it.

Sound different? It is! This conference is going to be a lot of fun,
and we guarantee you will learn something! So come to Victoria in
May, the best time of year, to enjoy a jewel of a heritage city and a
packed program, all working out of The Empress - our fabulous
world-famous historic conference headquarters.

Visit out website at http://www.islandnet.com/~hsbc for further details.
--
Helen Edwards in Victoria, B.C. Canada
Owner, Bed Buddies Toys & Gifts