BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ruth Barton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Dec 2004 22:22:49 -0800
Yes, but NOT on microfilm!!!!  I get so sick I darned near puke everytime I
have to use one.  We used to have these HUGE books that had the old papers
bound and you could go and read them.  Now that they are microfilmed they
have let people go and cut out parts of the paper that they wanted till
they look like Swiss cheese and you can't really read them anymore.  Ruth

At 9:52 PM -0500 12/16/04, [log in to unmask] wrote:
In a message dated 12/16/2004 7:49:31 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

The local rag is online but they don't put the whole paper online.  The
first time I went to look at it online I was really surprised.  I expected
it to be like reading old newspapers in the library on microfilm where the
WHOLE paper just as it was printed is on the film.  Instead it's just like
any other website, not like a newspaper at all.  I was mightily
disappointed.  Ruth

Isn't reading old newspapers great?

--
Ruth Barton