BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Mary Krugman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - "Is this the list with all the ivy haters?"
Date:
Sun, 26 Dec 1999 12:05:43 EST
... babies are born, cars are smushed, 15 year-olds are caught in the
netherworld between vodka and Christmas stockings, and the Kestenbaums are
singing Adon Olam to the tune of Jingle Bells.

Congratulations to the Davidsons on the new Mary (great name!), to Kathy on
avoiding being smushed with her car, and to the Grays on the finished
construction of this year's gingerbread house (what's this about demolition??
You mean you don't SAVE all of them?). Ralph, thanks for the best summary of
Jewish holidays ever. And Larry, programming after Midnite on a Friday??? Get
some sleep!

I have just waved goodbye to my 80+ year old parents who have come to New
Jersey from upstate New York. Our roles now reversed - I am packing them off
with care packages, checking their room to make sure they haven't left
anything, helping them up and down stairs, trying to eliminate as much
frustration as possible in these fragile days. It seems just yesterday that
we spent our holidays in front of the big tree in the front room of the old
house where I grew up. That house was sold long ago -- too much snow to
shovel, too many leaves to rake -- so now they come to celebrate Christmas at
my house. Each year their visit becomes more precious.

Much love to all.

-- Mary