BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Kitty tortillas! <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Nov 2003 10:06:03 EST
Ken; Small world

 I have taken the liberty to forward your story on to family members
the eagle you have repaired was in my familles back yard from 1932 to 2001
it was salvaged by my Grandfather when the original Nwk court house was taken
down. It by the way is of early federalist design (see gold currency eagle)
I wonder how accurate the head you put back was in design.
So a little history
one day the feds(guys in sun glasses and shiny shoes)show up at my aunts
house and say "we want the eagle"  The eagle was set by my Grandfather in his
garden on a high brick wall ; it was my friend in childhood and we would climb and
jump off its masonry base into the snow
my aunt being recently widowed called my father . My father who is skittish
of the feds because of taxes  sez give up the eagle.
My brother and I attended the ceremony when it was put in ; I tried to bid
the job of putting it in but that was ixnayed. I did meet the supreme court
justices of N.J and the chief prosecutor for N.J and had said photo taken with em
and eagle . Two months later somebody with a battery operated diamond saw
takes off the head.
Py