BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Mary Dierickx <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - "Infarct a Laptop Daily"
Date:
Mon, 14 Feb 2000 09:32:25 EST
In a message dated 02/14/2000 12:28:11 AM Eastern Standard Time, Michael
Davidson writes:

<< Dosen't matter I was here at Yale in the 60,s  as a young student from the
New School in N.Y< C in Greenwich village.I was studying photography at the
time and had come to Yale with the SDS to protest  the incarcination of the
Black Panther Bobby Seal.hoping to get a few  pictures .. >>

I was studying classics at NYU and went to Yale to protest Bobby Seal's
jailing and the beginning of the decimation of the Black Panthers.  I was
slightly tear gassed - my first - but mostly I remembered how incredibly
smitten Jean Genet, the French playwright, was with Bobby Seale.  The
traditional Black Panther black leather was irresistible.

I am now at Yale (about one day a week) working on the renovation of Timothy
Dwight College.  The dorm rooms are pretty much intact and it's fascinating
to see how the 1930's gentlemen lived, which was rather well.

Mary Dierickx, NYC