BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ken Follett <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - Dwell time 5 minutes.
Date:
Thu, 18 Feb 1999 12:43:52 EST
In a message dated 2/17/99 8:42:56 AM Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> The carrion artist: works at random, sneers at the people,
>  makes things opaque, brushes across the surface of the face of things,
>  works without care, defrauds people, is a thief.

Lisa,

Thanks for the Denise Levertov... have not read her poems in a long time. Nice
memory. As to the above passage reminds me of The Crude Hymns of Neanthus, a
poetic series I have been working on for the last 30 years. A lot of time for
a half dozen poems but considering the ancients & gods & stuff rather
ordinary, regardless, Neanthus stole Orpheus' harp and ran away with it
thinking he could make good music, but not. The poems more-or-less reflect the
sense of the carrion artist as per the above. I've always felt the distinction
between good and bad art is that the bad art takes away your energy, sort of
an aura eraser. I'm interested in exploring the line that divides, where it
seems it all becomes invisible.

][<en