BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Becker, Dan" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
"Let us not speak foul in folly!" - ][<en Phollit
Date:
Tue, 15 Apr 2003 10:02:30 -0400

I once refused two cheesecakes from Kay Olsen, who sought my counsel on
a complex new fence around her backyard, in conjunction with my visit to
advise her on what would be a case that would have to go before the
commission.

It was later that I learned that she is the Queen of Cheesecakes, the
kind of cheesecakes one should lose principles over.

But this was shortly after I started here, and the urban legend of Annie
the Killer Cookie Queen was still in high circulation. She had an
alarming tendency to marry husbands who could work on her many
properties, who then seemed to die quickly after they could no longer
work on the properties. Following one particularly distasteful case of
hers that the commission denied shortly before I arrived, she came by
the office and offered cookies. Everyone declined, on principle.

Dan Becker,  Exec. Dir.    "Oh joy!  Rapture!  Now
Raleigh Historic            I have a brain!"
Districts Commission                   - Scarecrow
919/890-3678