BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dan Becker <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - Dwell time 5 minutes.
Date:
Fri, 2 Apr 1999 22:09:14 -0500
Brian chimed in:

>Dan:
>
>> [Brian...the 5 year old Abatron Liquid Wood epoxy consolidant and
>> WoodEpox structural epoxy filler worked fine.]
>>

>You'll do anything to avoid buying new product, won't you.

And here I thought thrift was a virtue.  I was just trying to provide some
empirical information for you since all we could do before was speculate.
See below about buying product.

>> I hope to be less obsessed after May 1 . . .
>
>Is that because after May 1 you will not have to be the April Fool, nor
>the Easter Bunny, nor the May Pole or is there another reason.

That will be after the tour, and the house will be "done."  I don't need
April to be a Fool.  If I see any bunnies, they're likely to get glazed
into my windows, and I was speculating that Witold was the Maybe Pole.

OK, I'm going back out to the barn.  There's work to be done.  I'll try the
caulk, because I'm obsessed.

P.S. to the Right Reverend:  If you could see these windows, you would
agree that the putty needed to come out...I suspect that they had no
maintenance for about 40 years, and the little bit of putty that was sound
would have been a nightmare to work around...really.  The south-facing
units were rescued just within the nick of time to be
epoxy-consolidatable...boy were the punky, and split and checked like
crazy.

Dan Becker                                              Raleigh Historic
Executive Director, RHDC                        Districts Commission