BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ruth Barton <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The listserv which takes flossing seriously! <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Jul 2005 14:02:52 -0700
Chris,  I don't know where it is from Rt 5, I've never looked for it,
probably on some Cowpath 40 out in the boonies.  Have you been across the
Windsor-Cornish covered bridge--goes from Windsor, VT to Cornish, NH.  If
you like covered bridges this is one of the longer ones.  We have one on
the west side of town and there's a short one in Brattleboro which has a
covered sidewalk as well that is considered quite scenic I guess there are
certainly lots of photos of it.

Next time just tie the shoes on the back with a couple of tin cans.  Folks
will just honk, wave and grin.  Ruth

At 9:46 AM -0400 7/8/05, Met History wrote:
In a message dated 7/8/2005 9:31:26 AM Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

The only covered bridge I can recall in that area, visible from I-91,
is a small one in Windsor or Hartland.  I would guess Hartland, on the East
side of I-91.

That sounds just right, but I scouted various back roads and couldn't find
it.  It would be helpful for us flatlanders if you would paint numbers on
the top and sides of the bridges.   Also flags, flares and GPS waypoints
would be courteous.

We were there because our son is at Dartmouth - but he wasn't there that
weekend.  So we went for a "getaway" on July 4th, and  a) didn't have to
worry about his little problems at all  and b) found a town which was
essentially empty, since the students (except sophomores) are all gone.

Vermonters and Hampshireites are very helpful.  I securely attached my wet
kayaking shoes to our roof rack but we received many helpful "hey, fella,
you got shoes on top" - at least half a dozen in a ten block drive in
Lebanon alone.    When a police officer flagged me down I figured he knew I
had stolen a Tootsie Roll Pop from Katz drug store in third grade.  But he
just wanted to check on the shoes.   Perhaps they were considered
"suspicious".

Thank you, Ruth.

--
Ruth Barton