BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ralph Walter <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
"Two Pinheads, three opinions." -- LK
Date:
Sun, 21 Apr 2002 22:03:17 EDT
In a message dated 4/21/2002 7:09:12 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<< I was so impressed with the book at the time.  I was reading alot of what
is
 now cult literature.  The Merry Pranksters, Sondhiem, Stoppard, Duchamp,
 Moon and Sixpence, etc....  I guess what most people in liberal arts
 colleges (or near them) were reading in late sixties and seventies.  I am
 curious to find how the book hits me now.  I also wonder is anyone reading
 them now? >>

Leland,

I thought it was great, too, but didn't read it until well after college
(Arch school 1971-76, Histo Presto 76-77).  I was too goddam dull to read any
of the dope-inspired stuff  in those days.  Or these days, either, for that
matter.  On the other hand, I LOVED Catch-22 in High School, but also Babbitt
.

I have a nasty feeling that the current crop of collegiates are all reading
mortgage banking texts, or some shit like that, and any one of them will make
more in a year than all of the Pinheads put together in our entire lives.
But we'll be having more fun.  Won't we?

Ralph